Working and living in Austria

In Austria there are two programs to work as a specialist in Austria.

To carry out highly-skilled employment in Austria, you must be granted one of the following permits:

Residence title – EU Blue card (Aufenthaltstitel – Blaue Karte EU)

Residence title – Red-White-Red Card (Aufenthaltstitel –Rot-Weiß-Rot – Karte)

Blue Card EU – Blaue Karte EU Austria

Third-country nationals who have completed studies lasting more than three years at institutions of tertiary education and who earn a yearly salary for a job corresponding to their education that exceeds 62,265 Euro (2019) have access to the EU Blue Card Austria.


You must, in general, apply for your residence title and visa in your home country before entering Austria. You should submit your application to the competent authority in your country and wait for the decision.

In exceptional cases, you may apply in Austria and may be able to wait for the decision while present in Austria.

You may also make an in-country application to prolong your residence title or change its purpose in time. Such applications are submitted to the regional administrative authority or magistrate (in capital Vienna). You may be able to wait for the decision while present in Austria.

How can you work in Austria?

You can find all the important information about starting work at Federal Government‘s official information website on migration to Austria

You can also publish your job search profile here on and present yourself to employers looking for staff

CV-Resume-BCJ wish you all the best for the immigration process in Austria.

Here find new Blue Card Jobs Austria