Working and living in Estonia

For highly-qualified workers, the EU Blue Card is the permit of choice.

You must hold a university or college diploma from an educational programme that lasted three years or more. Alternatively you may prove your qualifications by showing at least five years of professional experience.

Assessment higher professional qualification:
Regulated positions:
coordinates the Ministry of Education and Research according to the Acknowledgement of Foreign State Professional Qualification Act.

Unregulated position:
assessment is made by the Estonian ENIC/NARIC.

When abroad, you must apply for an EU Blue Card at the Estonian embassy or consulate in your country of origin or residence.

An applicant who is in Estonia must submit application for temporary residence permit (blue card) in person with the Police and Border Guard Board.


The potential employer must contact the Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund for consent. The consent of the Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund is not required for certain employment categories and in case of renewal. Your salary must be at least 1.5 of the most recent annual average monthly wage in Estonia, this published by the Statistics Estonia.

Important information for the applicant of the EU Blue Card Estonia.

Extended information can be found on Europe’s Immigration portal – Estonia

You can also publish your job search profile here on and present yourself to employers looking for staff

CV-Resume-BCJ wish you all the best for the immigration process in Estonia.

Here find new Blue Card Jobs Estonia