Working and living in Finland

If you intend to work in Finland in a role that requires a high level of competence, you should apply for the EU Blue Card.

An EU Blue Card is issued for a maximum period of two years at a time.

Apply for a residence permit with this application if you want to apply the EU Blue Card. You must have a signed employment contract or a binding job offer and your work will last at least a year. Also you must have a higher education degree.

You can apply for an EU Blue Card if:

  • Your work demands a high level of competence and requires high qualifications or special expertise.
  • A diploma, a certificate or other document demonstrating formal qualification and showing that you have completed a programme in an educational institution. The document must also show that the qualification involved a minimum of three years of study. The educational institution issuing the document must be entitled to do so under the laws of the issuing country.
  • Your contract for the job requiring a high level of competence will last for a minimum of one year.


Note that you must apply for the EU Blue Card prior to your arrival in Finland.

Read what happens after you have applied. Check the estimated processing time of your application here

Extended information can be found on Finnish Immigration

You can also publish your job search profile here on and present yourself to employers looking for staff

CV-Resume-BCJ wish you all the best for the immigration process in Finland.

Here find new Blue Card Jobs Finland