Working and living in Hungary

General Information Blue Card Hungary

To work as a highly-qualified worker,you have to apply for an EU Blue Card. You should obtain your Blue Card before entering Hungary, as this will include permission to enter and reside in Hungary. Alternatively, you can apply for the EU Blue Card in Hungary while staying in Hungary on another permit.

The EU Blue Card is a permit to work in a job that requires advanced skills. This means that the job must attract a certain minimum salary, which is set according to a method of calculation established by the government. You must also have the higher qualifications required to do the job.

Single application procedure: any procedure leading, on the basis of a single application made by a third-country national, to a decision ruling on that application for residence exceeding ninety days and for entering into a contract for employment relationship with an employer in the territory of Hungary.

The single permit is a residence permit allowing a third-country national to enter into a contract for employment relationship with an employer and to reside legally in the territory of Hungary for the purpose of work.

Procedure for Blue Card Hungary

Extended information can be found on Hungarian immigration

Apply for an EU Blue Card at the embassy or consulate in your country of origin or the country of lawful residence. In certain circumstances, you may apply for an EU Blue Card in Hungary at the competent regional directorate of the Office of Immigration.

You can also publish your job search profile here on and present yourself to employers looking for staff

CV-Resume-BCJ wish you all the best for the immigration process in Hungary.

Here find new Blue Card Jobs Hungary