Stellenbezeichnung: Internship – Athlete Science (m/f/d)
Arbeitsort / Location: Herzogenaurach, Bayern
Job Beschreibung: JOIN OUR ATHLETE SCIENCE TEAM:
This role contributes to adidas’ mission to be the best sports company in the world by exploring Human Perception, Exercise Physiology and Sport Performance opportunities within the creation and evaluation of innovative sport products and concepts. To build and enhance performance validation tools, guidelines, and processes. To act as a key driver of innovation for development teams in Innovation and the brand.
- Support relevant lab programs and activities which enable the team to increase the understanding of the athlete and athlete-product interactions (footwear and apparel)
- Support testing of prototypes and innovative product concepts, prior to commercialization, and communicate results to stakeholders
- Support the management of laboratory spaces and equipment, ensuring best practice and enabling the complete team to perform at the highest level.
- Support internal and external research programs to develop new physical and digital test methods and relevant equipment.
- Support automation tools that support analysis and data management of sports science relevant data
- Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends
- Student of sport science or similar (Engineering, Biomedical Engineering)
- Enrolled as full-time student for the complete duration of the internship
- Or in the so-called gap year between Bachelor and master’s degree (gap year regulation only applicable to EU citizens due to working permit regulations)
- Candidates in penultimate year of study preferred (following the internship, students should have maximum one year to graduate)
- Curiosity for science and technology with a passion for making insights in the field of sport
- Ability to understand scientific and complex information, and communicate this to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a team atmosphere
- Fluent English language skills
- German language skills are beneficial
- Application Deadline: November 5th, 2023 11:59pm CET
- Start Date: March 15th, 2024
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: adidas Headquarters in Herzogenaurach (near Nuremberg)
At adidas we believe that “Impossible is Nothing”.
As part of your application, we’d like you to tell us what this phrase means to you. Think of what makes you passionate about joining the brand and why you want this role.
The format is totally up to you! If you are creative minded, show us. If you’re analytical, share more! If you prefer to simply put pen to paper, go for it.
Your ‚1 pager‘ can be submitted as print, visual, written, digital or a link. The only requirement is that the 1 pager is submitted as a PDF.
- Please apply in the same language as the job description
- Be aware that incomplete applications will not be considered