Stellenbezeichnung: Internship – Materials Development Apparel (m/f/d)
Arbeitsort / Location: Herzogenaurach, Bayern
Job Beschreibung: INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: MATERIALS DEVELOPMENT APPAREL
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Materials Development Apparel intern roles, including but not limited to those described below:
PRODUCT OPERATIONS – SPORTSWEAR & TRAINING
In our Materials team we take care of the business categories Sportswear, Training, Collaborations and adidas by Stella McCartney. We work very closely with our cross-functional partners such as design, marketing, development, sourcing and the suppliers to develop seasonal newness in fabrics, trims and all over prints. The beauty of our jobs is that we are the experts in our area of expertise and support the team with our experience in the material development process. We love to challenge the status quo.
PRODUCT OPERATIONS – ORIGINALS, BASKETBALL & CULTURE PARTNERSHIPS
We are responsible for the materials (fabric and trim) management for Originals Apparel. We bring in newness, ensure quality and set up strategy. And we are devoted for improvement hence we have different projects going on to challenge the status quo and partner closely with our cross-functional stakeholders.
- Get to know and support the responsibilities of an apparel materials developer at adidas
- Assist the material development team in daily business such as developing new material with our suppliers, researching on new and existing materials technologies, preparing of material presentations, but as well with administrative tasks like creating material boards, maintaining the fabric library, etc.
- Support the development team on current projects and own individual projects as assigned e.g., handling of small ranges
- Support innovation projects and initiatives in the area of sustainable materials
- Student of Textile Engineering, Textile Management, Textile Technology, Materials or similar
- Enrolled as full-time student for the complete duration of the internship
- Or in the so-called gap year between Bachelor and Master’s degree (gap year regulation only applicable to EU citizens due to working permit regulations)
- Candidates in penultimate year of study preferred (following the internship, students should have maximum one year to graduate)
- Fluent English language skills (written & spoken)
- Strong MS office skills
- Ideally knowledge of graphic programs such as Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Good textile technology skills; basic understanding of materials and costing
- Interest in sustainability
- Highly motivated team player who enjoys working in an international team
- Attention to details
- Application Deadline: November 5th, 2023 11:59pm CET
- Start Date: March 15th, 2024
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: adidas Headquarters in Herzogenaurach (near Nuremberg)
At adidas we believe that “Impossible is Nothing”.
As part of your application, we’d like you to tell us what this phrase means to you. Think of what makes you passionate about joining the brand and why you want this role.
The format is totally up to you! If you are creative minded, show us. If you’re analytical, share more! If you prefer to simply put pen to paper, go for it.
Your ‚1 pager‘ can be submitted as print, visual, written, digital or a link. The only requirement is that the 1 pager is submitted as a PDF.
- Please apply in the same language as the job description
- Be aware that incomplete applications will not be considered