Stellenbezeichnung: Internship – Product Design Footwear (m/f/d)
Arbeitsort / Location: Herzogenaurach, Bayern
Job Beschreibung: INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: PRODUCT DESIGN FOOTWEAR
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Product Design Footwear intern roles, including but not limited to those described below:
PRODUCT DESIGN FOOTWEAR SPECIALIST SPORTS
adidas Specialist Sports plays a important role in sports performance and is one of our key categories, strategically enhancing the credibility of the adidas brand through the creation of high-performance footwear tailored for every sport like Tennis, Rugby, Cycling, Indoor, Volleyball, Hockey, Cricket and Podium (Boxing, Wrestling, Weightlifting). You’ll have the opportunity to become a part of our dynamic Specialist Sports footwear design team, which is dedicated to crafting cutting-edge performance products for adidas.
As a Footwear Design Intern, you’ll collaborate closely with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and product developers. Together, we aim to develop top-tier performance products, informed and inspired by athlete feedback and consumer insights. Close contact to the best athletes in their sport is always given to create the best industry leading products. Passion of sports is one of our divers values the team lives. Are you excited to join us on the journey to reimagine the future of Specialist Sports? We are curious to get to know you.
PRODUCT DESIGN FOOTWEAR OUTDOOR
adidas Outdoor plays a pivotal role as one of our key categories, strategically enhancing the credibility of the adidas brand through the creation of high-performance footwear tailored for every outdoor adventure. You’ll have the opportunity to become a part of our dynamic outdoor footwear design team, which is dedicated to crafting cutting-edge outdoor products for adidas TERREX and Five Ten.
As a Footwear Design Intern, you’ll collaborate closely with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and product developers. Together, we aim to develop top-tier outdoor products, informed and inspired by athlete feedback and consumer insights.
Our team shares a deep passion not only for design but also for the great outdoors. We firmly believe in the creative potential of the outdoor team. Are you excited to embark on this journey with us as we reimagine the future of outdoor footwear? We’re eager to get to know you and welcome you aboard.
PRODUCT DESIGN FOOTWEAR ORIGINALS
You will be a part of Originals Footwear Design team, working on creating the next chapter of game-changing product for the Trefoil. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn from and work with industry-leading design talent from around the world, united by a passion to continue to shape the Originals brand legacy. There will be opportunities to shift sneaker culture and influence trends globally, while learning the ropes of a robust and dynamic product creation and design process. The team spans across key product categories of lifestyle running, classics, women’s and kids – bringing relevant and engaging product stories to life through the lens of Originals.
PRODUCT DESIGN FOOTWEAR SPORTSWEAR
- Support team in day-to-day tasks
- Work with the design team to create design solutions of adidas footwear
- Assist and observe the entire design phase from concept creation of final product
- Gather relevant trend and consumer information for the product category
- Research on trends, colors and materials
- Creation of sketches for footwear concepts
- Assist the design team in the design of new footwear concepts for the relevant season supporting the creative phases: Brainstorm, Sketch and Render & Team Concepts
- Support the Execution phase of the process: creating and delivering design / tech packs
- Complete CAD revisions, color updates and technical packages
- Student of Product Design, Footwear Design, Sportswear Design, Industrial Design, 3D Design or similar
- Enrolled as full-time student for the complete duration of the internship
- Or in the so-called gap year between Bachelor and Master’s degree (gap year regulation only applicable to EU citizens due to working permit regulations)
- Candidates in penultimate year of study preferred (following the internship, students should have maximum one year to graduate)
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Illustrator and Photoshop programs preferably on a Mac environment
- Experience in working with 3D programs is a plus (Blender, Rhino or similar)
- Good sketching and renderings skills to communicate concepts and ideas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams and handle multiple tasks
- Previous Design experience is a plus
- Application Deadline: November 5th, 2023 11:59pm CET
- Start Date: March 15th, 2024
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: adidas Headquarters in Herzogenaurach (near Nuremberg)
At adidas we believe that “Impossible is Nothing”.
As part of your application, we’d like you to tell us what this phrase means to you. Think of what makes you passionate about joining the brand and why you want this role.
The format is totally up to you! If you are creative minded, show us. If you’re analytical, share more! If you prefer to simply put pen to paper, go for it.
Your ‚1 pager‘ can be submitted as print, visual, written, digital or a link. The only requirement is that the 1 pager is submitted as a PDF.
- Please include your portfolio max. 5MB or a link to your online portfolio in your application!
- Please apply in the same language as the job description
- Be aware that incomplete applications will not be considered