Stellenbezeichnung: (Senior) Support Engineer – 2nd/3rd Level (m/f/d) e*star (all genders)
Firma: E-Star Trading GmbH
Arbeitsort / Location: Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg
Job Beschreibung: e*star provides trading solutions for the European energy markets and has more than 15 years of experience in this field. The European energy sector is currently undergoing a historic transformation due to the energy transition and digitalization. As experts in this field, e*star is working on shaping and developing the European energy market of the future – together with our customers.
We’re growing our team! Our Support Engineers help to maintain the superior quality of our energy trading suite which is mainly written in Java. You will be an integral part of the support team, handle bug reports, fix reported issues, and deliver new critical patched versions to our customers potentially also on weekends.
- You will work on complex analysis of trading software incidents and improvements which happen throughout our service-oriented energy trading suite. Incidents can expand from standard memory and performance analysis to multi-cast protocol issues
- You will receive extensive training in our software and architecture
- Work in a position between our support, development, and quality assurance teams
- Be part of an agile team, which works Kanban-oriented since years, and is excited to on-board new talent
- You will analyse exchange API updates (e.g. for the Deutsche Börse T7 API, or the CME GLOBEX API, …) and identify the adjustments which need to be made in our energy trading suite
- Key Responsibilities: Work with the support team to successfully improve the customer experience with our energy trading software suite, work with development and quality assurance to effectively get the changes into the released software, work on weekends to support customers when critical issues appear by pro-actively changing the source code and releasing a patched version to the customer in-time
- Optional: The working hours can be distributed during the week and over the weekend (8am – 6pm) and can include, among other tasks, on-call duty at the weekend. Part-time work arrangements are available
- A suitable work permit
- A degree in the field of (business) information technology or comparable courses of study or trainings
- Experience in development: Strong proficiency in JAVA
- Be familiar with Git-based processes and “Git Ops”
- Be familiar with Gradle builds
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps is an advantage
- Trading experience in any field is an advantage
- Willingness to work on weekends
- Very good knowledge of English – comparable to English level B2 or higher
- Knowledge of German is a plus
- Enjoy a professional environment within a relaxed, friendly corporate culture
- Mobile working? Night owl or early bird? A classic consultant lifestyle with 5 days on site is not for you? With us you will find enough space for an optimal work-life balance
- Stay healthy – our company supports you with a fixed health budget for individual services
We are a home for tech enthusiasts and doers. Origin, age, preferences – it doesn’t matter to us. What counts is that we burn for the common cause. We are already looking forward to getting to know you!
E-Star Trading GmbH
estar offers a full range of energy trading software as a service solutions to answer the individual needs of all companies trading in European Energy Markets. estar enables companies to trade directly with all market participants and increases reach and liquidity to maximize trading success.
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!