Job title: Strategic Projects Manager
Job Description: Are you looking to have an impact on the daily life of millions of entrepreneurs in France and Europe ?
Do you thrive in a trustful, fast-paced environment ?
Then Pennylane might be the right place for you – and you, might be the perfect fit for this role 🙂
We figure out among the of 2023 on the French Market 🚀
We aim to become the most beloved financial Operating System of European SMEs. We help business owners get rid of the time-consuming hassle of handling accounting and finance while giving them access to key information that they can use to make better decisions. Meanwhile, we’re helping accountants. By using Pennylane, rather than doing manual and repetitive tasks, they can spend more time advising and guiding their clients. Already more than 70000 SMB’s & more than 1200 accounting firms in France are using Pennylane 🚀
Pennylane is one of the fastest-growing Fintechs in France (and soon to be in Europe!)
In 4 years of existence, we’ve managed to ⏬
💻 Make ourselves known as a groundbreaking accounting and financial software for small businesses and their accountants
💰 Raise a total of €100 million, including from Sequoia 🌲, the famous fund from Silicon Valley who invested early in companies like Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Stripe, Paypal and much more..
.👨👩👧👦 Grow from 7 cofounders to 400 happy Pennylaners (we’re now recognized as one of the greatest places to work in France (but also remotely), with a 5/5 rating on glassdoor and an e-NPS of 94.
🌍 Build an international environment with more than 25 nationalities, with a strong remote-friendly culture, where 35% of the employees are already working from all parts of Europe
🤝 Earn the trust of thousands of customers and accounting firms and obtain outstanding ratings
Why this position is of utmost importance to reach our mission ?
We are looking for an accomplished [Strategy and Corporate Development Manager] to join our team in Paris. This position will play a pivotal role in driving the success of strategic initiatives across the company. You will be responsible for leading critical projects, managing stakeholders, and providing regular progress updates to the executive team, reporting directly to our [Chief Operating Officer/VP Strategic Initiatives].
Strategic Initiatives Leadership: Guide a wide array of strategic projects, such as [international expansion, pricing and M&A], from inception to execution. Ensure these initiatives are completed successfully and on time.
Fostering a Data-Driven Culture: Leverage data to spot opportunities, enhance processes, and inform decision-making. Establish and monitor key performance metrics, track progress towards goals, and deliver data-driven insights to the executive team.
Promotion of Operational Excellence: Manage operational tasks including process improvement, data analysis, financial reporting, and external stakeholder relationship management.
Supporting the Executive Team: Act as a trusted advisor and ‚wild card‘ to the Executive Team, amplifying their impact through strategic assistance.
Effective Stakeholder Management: Serve as the primary contact for strategic initiatives, coordinating with diverse stakeholders across the organization. Ensure alignment with strategic objectives and timelines.
Proactive Reporting & Communication: Regularly update the executive team on the progress of strategic initiatives, potential obstacles, and suggested solutions. Keep them informed and engaged throughout the project lifecycle.
Who are we looking for ? 🎯
– 4-5 years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity or big tech companies
– Proven track record of successfully managing and executing strategic projects in a high-velocity environment.
– Strong leadership and communication skills with experience in stakeholder management.
– Excellent data analytics skills with experience using data to drive decision-making and outcomes.
– Ability to handle ambiguity, with strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
– Fluent in English and French.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in a fast-growing company. If you are a strategic thinker with a hands-on approach, we would love to hear from you!
What we do to make your work life easier ? 🏢
– You’ll be able to work from our wonderful office in the center of Paris 🏝
– You’ll get company shares to enjoy a piece of the success story you’re building with us🏡
– You’ll get between 8 to 13 additional days off (to the 25 standard ones) to rest and do what you love each year🍜
– You’ll have lunch credits (Swile card) to buy your favorite food every day 🏥
– You’ll have a great healthcare cover (Alan Blue) to take care of yourself and your family
– Through our partner Gymlib, you’ll have access to 8000 fitness spaces in Europe and more than 300 activities related to wellness🇬🇧
– You’ll have access to to perfect your English or your French💻
– You’ll get the latest Apple equipment🎉
– You’ll be part of a vibrant social community: we do lots of sports together (Foot, running, climbing…), and we love to hang out and have a drink together (Thursday after work drinks on our rooftop is a usual thing, once-a-year we do company seminars, last time we went on a trip to one of the centerparcs and it was fabulous !)
What does our recruitment process looks like ?
– You will first have a general chat with Orane (Recruiter) : 30 min
– You’ll then have a deeper discussion with Eric ( VP Strategic Initiatives) or Félix (Co-Founder & COO) : 45 min – 1 H
– You’ll then have a case study to prepare at home + a following debrief with Félix & Eric : 1 H
– Focused Interview with Tancrède (CPO & Co-Founder) & Salomé (HRBP)
– Last Round with Arthur (CEO & Co-Founder) : 45 Min
We make sure we move fast; you can expect the recruitment process with us to last between 15 and 25 days in total.
Last but not least
We’re open regarding the profile we’re looking for. Research has shown that some people are less likely to apply than others if they don’t feel like they meet the full list of criteria. So we have decided to take it down entirely. We have tried to give you as many details as we could about the purpose, missions, and environment of this role; it is now up to you to tell us if you think this is a position in which you could a) have fun and b) bring value to our company.
If you’re hesitating, we encourage you to apply anyway: worst case scenario, you might lose a few minutes, and in the best case, it will be the start of a meaningful and long-lasting collaboration. We also want to emphasize that we fully embrace diversity and that we’re doing our best to create a safe and inclusive environment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, sexual orientation, origin, disabilities, or any other traits that make you who you are.
If anything, diversity makes us a more fun place to work at. To end with a humble illustration of our commitment, we’ve recently signed the to set concrete goals in building a better and more inclusive workplace in the years to come.
Application:apply for this job.
Curriculum vitae in the database!