Job title: Technical Recruiter
Job Description: Are you looking to have an impact on the daily life of millions of entrepreneurs in France and Europe ?
Do you thrive in a trustful, fast-paced environment ?
Then Pennylane might be the right place for you – and you, might be the perfect fit for this role 🙂
We figure out among the of 2023 on the French Market 🚀
We aim to become the most beloved financial Operating System of European SMEs. We help business owners get rid of the time-consuming hassle of handling accounting and finance while giving them access to key information that they can use to make better decisions. Meanwhile, we’re helping accountants. By using Pennylane, rather than doing manual and repetitive tasks, they can spend more time advising and guiding their clients. Already more than 70000 SMB’s & more than 1200 accounting firms in France are using Pennylane 🚀
Pennylane is one of the fastest-growing Fintechs in France (and soon to be in Europe!)
In 3 years of existence, we’ve managed to ⏬
💻 Make ourselves known as a groundbreaking accounting and financial software for small businesses and their accountants
💰 Raise a total of €84 million, including from Sequoia 🌲, the famous fund from Silicon Valley who invested early in companies like Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Stripe, Paypal and much more..
.👨👩👧👦 Grow from 7 cofounders to 350 happy Pennylaners (we’re now recognized as one of the greatest places to work in France (but also remotely), with a 5/5 rating on glassdoor and an e-NPS of 94.
🌍 Build an international environment with more than 25 nationalities, with a strong remote-friendly culture, where 35% of the employees are already working from all parts of Europe
🤝 Earn the trust of thousands of customers and accounting firms and obtain outstanding ratings
Why this position is of utmost importance to reach our mission ?
While some companies count on marketing and sales to gain market share, we are a product-led company and are investing primarily in our platform. In that sense, you’ll recruit for the largest & core teams at Pennylane. You’ll join a team with a highly strategic role and a great opportunity to put your skills and ideas to a good use.
As we grow, we’re opening a new recruitment role to accompany the scale of the company for 2024 & beyond. We aim to develop the „business partner“ & advisor position of the role within the company.
How you will contribute to the company as an Experienced Recruiter ?
– You will join Pennylane’s Talent Acquisition team (4 people today with Orane, Romain, Thomas & Katie : managed by Ursula) and will be working on tech, product & data areas, to sustain our growth. It’s an individual contributor & flying role with a primarily focus on those departments & the possibility to lead projects within the recruitment side of you scope.
– You will take real responsibility for your perimeter and lead recruitment strategies and delivery in your area. Your expertise will be key to the success of the project.
– Lead the full cycle recruitment process on Tech, Product & Data Areas with the support of your manager and team members.
– Improve our Talent Pooling Management.
– Accompany and advise hiring managers all along the the recruitment process.
– Ensure an amazing candidate experience.
– Communicate through reports (data…) in order to improve our recruitment process & performance
Challenge our existing recruitment process in a way of continuous improvement.
– Each Talent Acquisition Team member can lead or participate in various projects: events, referral program, ATS processes, hiring process, candidate experience, recruitment tools…
What you can expect from your life at Pennylane ?
Within one month
– Get onboarded in our office in Paris
– Learn about the scope and spend time with your team, Hiring Managers and wider Pennylane.
– Start recruiting on the key positions
Within 3 months
– Start building the pipeline on your roles and deliver on recruitment
– Create effective sourcing strategies for the strategic positions
– Get involved in key projects within HR team
Within 6 months
– Recruit top talents on top of the market
– Lead projects on process improvements, candidate experience, data, D&I, etc
– Participate in external events, partner with external organizations/universities/schools, etc
And beyond :
The Talent Acquisition is on a growth trajectory and will be growing in the upcoming years which means you’ll have ⏬
– Multiple opportunities to recruit, mentor and grow in your career
– Increased responsibilities in project leadership
– Responsibilities to think of and implement new processes, tools and best practices to make sure that your team works even smoother
Who are we looking for ? 🎯
– Recruitment Experience ideally in a scale-up environment
– Ability to recruit on tech, product & data areas + working on projects
– Desire to grow as an IC and work with multiple stakeholders
– French Native + Fluent in English
– Strong Sourcing Skills
What we do to make your work life easier ? 🏢
– You’ll be able to work from our wonderful office in the center of Paris🏝 or full-remotely from any other location in France.
– You’ll get company shares to enjoy a piece of the success story you’re building with us🏡
– You’ll get between 8 to 13 additional days off (to the 25 standard ones) to rest and do what you love each year🍜
– You’ll have lunch credits (Swile card) to buy your favorite food every day🏥
– You’ll have a great healthcare cover (Alan Blue) to take care of yourself and your family
– If you’re working remotely, you’ll have a budget to turn your home into a more comfortable workspace, as well as a monthly allowance to work from a co-working space whenever you feel like it⛹️
– Through our partner Gymlib, you’ll have access to 8000 fitness spaces in Europe and more than 300 activities related to wellness🇬🇧
– You’ll have access to to perfect your English or your French💻
– You’ll get the latest Apple equipment🎉
– You’ll be part of a vibrant social community: we do lots of sports together (Foot, running, climbing…), and we love to hang out and have a drink together (Thursday after work drinks on our rooftop is a usual thing, once-a-year we do company seminars, last time we went on a trip to one of the centerparcs and it was fabulous !)
What does our recruitment process looks like ?
– You will first have a general chat with Thomas (Technical Recruiter) : 30 min
– You’ll then have a deeper discussion with Marine (VP People) : 45 min – 1 H
– You’ll then have a case study to prepare at home + a following debrief with Marine & Ursula (Talent Acquisition Lead) : 1 H
– Last Round with Félix (COO) + one of our HRBP (Salomé or Charlène) : 45 Min
We make sure we move fast; you can expect the recruitment process with us to last between 15 and 25 days in total.
Last but not least
We’re open regarding the profile we’re looking for. Research has shown that some people are less likely to apply than others if they don’t feel like they meet the full list of criteria. So we have decided to take it down entirely. We have tried to give you as many details as we could about the purpose, missions, and environment of this role; it is now up to you to tell us if you think this is a position in which you could a) have fun and b) bring value to our company.
If you’re hesitating, we encourage you to apply anyway: worst case scenario, you might lose a few minutes, and in the best case, it will be the start of a meaningful and long-lasting collaboration. We also want to emphasize that we fully embrace diversity and that we’re doing our best to create a safe and inclusive environment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, sexual orientation, origin, disabilities, or any other traits that make you who you are.
If anything, diversity makes us a more fun place to work at. To end with a humble illustration of our commitment, we’ve recently signed the to set concrete goals in building a better and more inclusive workplace in the years to come.
Application:apply for this job.
Curriculum vitae in the database!