Job title: Workplace Infrastructure Architecture Expert
Job Description: THE DEPARTMENT
You will join the Group Technology Office department, in charge of group technology vision and strategies in close collaboration with GETD (Group Emerging Technologies & Data), GTO (Group Technology Operations), Entities and business partners. More precisely, our department defines the Business & Enterprise/Platform/Application Architecture to be able to adopt new technologies and new market solutions, in accordance with the Business ambition/priorities and in line with the objective to become a Tech Led Company.
Our main missions:
- Define and maintain the vision on technology domains: technology ambitions related to Tech-Led pillars, imperatives, constraints, objectives, Business Architecture, arbitration topics
- Assess market trends and define technology sourcing strategy (eg: position papers)
- Secure vision and transformation path buy-in with internal stakeholders (technologic domains, data, products, procurement, security) and external stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs & key contributors in entities)
- Define and maintain the Technology strategy lifecycle process
- Handle the Architecture artefact lifecycle process
- Validate the Solution delivery and control the process (Preliminary Assessment, Building Permit, Implementation permit)
- Measure Technical Debt & manage process
In particular, Group Operations has highlighted several major initiatives (ATLAS, One Workplace, OneID, One Network, Global API-M …) where Technology Office is expected to create convergence by defining the strategy, gathering the subject matter experts and controlling the alignment of the implementation with the strategy and by leveraging the architecture discipline.
In this department, the Infrastructure Technology Office has this mandate on the scope of the infrastructure layer and on technical products: Workplace, IAM, Cloud, Distributed, and Network, in addition to global technical platform (e.g. API, EIP), Integration, part of Security. Should those components be managed by AXA Group Operations, or by OpCos themselves.
The Workplace and IAM Architecture team works under the Infrastructure Technology Office with the same mandate, and a focus on all topics of analysis around Workplace and IAM ecosystems. The Lead Architect Expert will be owning the analysis of the subjects which are related to the Workplace ecosystem.
ABOUT THE JOB :
Working as part the Group’s Technology Office, the Lead Architect Expert, is responsible for providing architecture, vision, governance, problem anticipation and solving for IT on a transversal architectural level. This transversal scope of the architecture covers business, security, data, application and technology architecture.
He manages and coordinates, for his areas of responsibility – here transversal Workplace topics – , the work carried out by the other Architects cross-domains and Chief Architects / Chief Technology Officers from AXA Group Operations and AXA entities in close collaboration with GO departments for the global assets, with Group Security for the Security part, and with Business Partnership and the Markets/Entities for the entities related part.
Transversal Workplace topics scope will cover this non exhaustive list:
- Device Management
- Application delivery
- Collaboration & Productivity
- UX / QoS Monitoring
- Workplace interaction with other domains (Security, IAM, Network, Cloud, Compliance…)
The Lead Architect Expert’s role is to steer the Architecture evolution across AXA to ensure the proper implementation of the IT Strategy and to be able to adopt new technologies and new market solutions in line with the business priorities, the foundations of the products structure and with the aim support AXA to become a Tech Led Company.
The individual in this position understands the Group business strategy, the Information Systems (IS) of the Group and anticipates future directions of the IT industry to relate them to future business needs and initiatives. The Lead Architect Expert produces key architecture deliverables, leads international workgroups and studies to establish IT directions for the Group and is responsible for the architecture review of projects related to technologies in his domain of responsibility.
MAIN MISSIONS :
The objective of architecture is to ensure that we build sustainable, robust and secured Information Systems at the right cost and that bring business value to support the corporate business and lines of business strategies.
The Lead Architect Expert main activity is to craft the IT Strategy of the Group and act as a change agent to implement this IT Strategy through the Target Enterprise Architecture of the Group, and of individual countries within the Group. He may also be called upon to directly support PMs on some key projects.
The core activities of the Lead Architect Expert include the following for his own area of responsibility:
- Vision and Strategy
- Support the definition and management of the company Technology vision, strategies and plans with focus on domains related to his role
- Contribute to Technology/Architecture CTO Community and Technology Governance of the Group:
- To cover global and local dimensions, which includes ensuring design and solution choices made in the entities are conform to Group Strategy in order to secure Group interests over the long-term (Architecture boards…)
- To share technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide, and in particular interact with senior business and IT executives
- Define, build and maintain architecture & design patterns, jointly with Product engineering teams aiming to minimize technical complexity and leverage convergence opportunities:
- Architecture landscape
- Architecture Model & Maturity
- Architecture evolution and product design blueprints, HLD
- Supporting LLD delivery with Product teams
- Market Watch:
- Participate to forums of leading companies (cross-industries) and vendors in order to use and/or influence technology evolutions
- In particular, study industry trends and technologies in close collaboration with Group Data & Technology Innovation
- Manage evaluation, development, and deployment of relevant technologies (technology lifecycle & roadmaps)
- Provide support to all Group IT supporting functions, in particular for Procurement and Finance for large negotiations or assets
- Strong experience in IT Strategy, enterprise and solution architecture (10+ years)
- Experience on solutions architecture designs for very large projects/environments in particular in Workplace (both Device management and Collaboration)
- Strong change management skills with practical experience of transformation in an international environment
- Financials (princiles, business cases, budgeting, business-planning, savings)
- Strives for excellence with deliverables of high quality and ability to work in sometimes tight planning
- Demonstrates to be a strong team member with an open and collaborative mind-set.
The person will have to interact and collaborate with multiple global and local stakeholders and different levels (peers, managers, experts, C-Levels…). To succeed in his role, this can be achieved through:
- Leadership – Exhibits strong results orientation, change leadership, adaptability and the ability to drive collaborative behaviour.
- Openness and reaching out – Strong human relationship skills, exhibit curiosity and can see opportunities in situations, not just problems.
- Communication skills – Exhibits strong skills in listening, spoken and written communication, collaboration and the ability to work in a global team. Lead Architect Experts are expected to have the ability to understand and discuss with both senior managers and IT, and explain in clear language complicated architectural concepts and strategies.
- Vision – Lead Architecture Expert demonstrates architectural vision and beliefs and is able to express them clearly, champion them, and debate his point of view in on-line forums or in-person workshops.
- Embracing of the new AXA values and new ways of working with courage to promote them against tradition
- Openness to different opinions and creation of consensus
- Problem solving orientation and strong analytical, logical and interpretive ability to interpret scenarios, express concepts or models with several dimensions: architecture, business value, procurement, program approach …
- Has a deep understanding of the organizational structures, in order to be in a position to better identify improvement points
- International profile – A proven ability to work effectively in an international environment. In addition, exhibits a strong proficiency in English.
- Expert knowledge in IT strategy focusing on Workplace Architecture with related infrastructure good practices
- Expertise in Workplace with critical thinking and decision making, information systems knowledge, innovation, knowledge of emerging technology, planning, risk management, systems thinking, application rationalization/TCO, IT Security and technical problem solving.
- Good expertise in the practice of Architecture (frameworks) to deliver a holistic view (architecture model)