Working and living in Sweden

General Information for Blue Card EU Sweden

Most non-EU highly-qualified workers who want to work in Sweden apply for residence/work permits under the general rules for employees.

They must obtain: a work and residence permit and a valid passport.

Workers in certain sectors need not apply for a work permit. Depending on the circumstances, it is also possible to apply for an EU Blue Card or an Intra-Corporate Transfer (ICT) permit.

Procedure for Blue Card EU Sweden

Applying from outside Sweden

In most cases, you must file your application for your permit in your country of origin or residence.

The application must be filed either electronically on the Migration Agency website or with the Swedish consulate or embassy abroad. You just fill in the appropriate application form and pay a fee. The process can take several months to complete if you file the application at a Swedish consulate or embassy.

Applying from inside Sweden

You may apply electronically or by post to the Migration Agency.  The applicant may apply electronically at Migration Board Permit Unit. Extended information can be found on Work in Sweden

You can also publish your job search profile here on Blue-Card-Jobs.com and present yourself to employers looking for staff


Blue-Card-Jobs.com wish you all the best for the immigration process in Sweden.

Here find new Blue Card Jobs Sweden