Stellenbezeichnung: Postdoc / Cancer biologist (f/m/x)
Firma: Universitätsklinikum Köln
Arbeitsort / Location: Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Job Beschreibung: » Your tasks
- Use cell lines and mouse models to investigate the causal link between mitochondrial dysfunction and the pathophysiology of cancer.
- Use molecular biology, biochemistry, and computational techniques to investigate metabolism at the molecular level.
- Perform multi-omics analyses (metabolic, proteomic and transcriptomic studies) and integrate these datasets to generate new hypotheses.
- To accurately record and judiciously analyse, present, and report experimental data.
- Drive your own research project under the supervision of the PI.
- Interact and train junior members and technicians in the lab.
The Postdoc project of the successful candidate will be part of the on “Mechanisms of Drug Sensitivity and Resistance in Small Cell Lung Cancer”. This consortium aims to find new therapeutic strategies for effective cancer treatment. The candidate will work specifically on the role of mitochondrial metabolism in small cell lung cancer and will aim to identify new molecular vulnerabilities targeting the rewired metabolism of cancer cells.
» Your Profile
A PhD in cancer biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or equivalent is essential.
- Established experience in cellular metabolism is essential.
- Knowledge of research procedures and statistical methods is essential.
- The ability to work effectively in a team is a prerequisite
- Experience in mouse models is desirable. The candidate needs to hold an animal license and have experience in writing animal protocols.
- A research background in cancer biology and/or metabolism is a plus.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Evidence of great communication skills, curiosity-driven science and excellent problem-solving skills is essential.
» Our Offer
- A varied job in a highly interesting and challenging research topic.
- A fair working environment with appreciative cooperation.
- Possibility to develop side projects according to personal interests.
- Internal and external training opportunities.
- Flexible working time models to support family life.
- Occupational health management offers.
» Your future with us
Working at the University Hospital Cologne and the Medical Faculty means helping to shape the future – the future of medicine, of patients and, of course, your own future. You benefit from 60 clinics and institutes as well as numerous other departments and facilities and more than 12,000 jobs. The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Cologne and the University Hospital Cologne assume important social tasks in research, teaching and patient care. A close network with many university and non-university partners guarantees an internationally successful science and the excellent education of our students.
» Your future in detail
is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer that offers attractive conditions and benefits commensurate with an international research organization with a very collegial and family-friendly work environment.
The seeks to understand the contribution of dysregulated metabolism to ageing-associated disorders, focusing on cancer. A part of the lab is investigating how the loss of the mitochondrial enzyme and tumour suppressor Fumarate Hydratase causes renal cancer. Our work has multiple implications: (1) it will provide a mechanistic understanding of the role of metabolism and small molecule metabolites in human diseases; (2) it will generate experimental and computation tools to identify metabolic vulnerabilities that we can use as pharmacological targets for cancer therapy; (3) it will apply metabolomics and multi-omics analyses, to mouse and human models to identify metabolic markers of disease initiation for clinical application in early detection and for patient stratification.
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!